Juvenile Corrections Officer
Description : Juvenile Corrections Officer
Click on job title above for complete job description and job requirements
The Okanogan County Juvenile Department is now recruiting for a Juvenile Corrections Officer. Starting salary is $18.92 per hour with full benefits. This is a union position.
This is a professional level correctional services and security position within the Juvenile Corrections Center. The Juvenile Corrections Officer is responsible for the overall day to day care, safety, security and correctional programming of an incarcerated population of juveniles and the documentation, maintenance and security of records. This position requires the employee to work irregular hours and shifts.
Minimum/Required Qualifications (see job description for complete list):
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have the legal right to live and work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency.
- Valid Driver License.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work irregular hours and shifts and to be subject to call in on short notice.
- The ability to maintain a professional and positive work attitude and conduct with co-workers, supervisors, juvenile inmates, other agencies and the general public.
- Must be of high moral character, have a commitment to the agency mission and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be law abiding, drug free and not involved in alcohol abuse.
- Certain job areas or assigned functions may require special educational levels, tests, licensures and/or certifications. If so, these requirements will be specified in the job announcement. Any waivers of qualifications or requirements are at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
- Must be able to pass and/or maintain conditional job requirements
- listed below.
Our Department is following all CDC guidelines and Washington State Health Department guidelines. This position is subject to a mandatory vaccination policy.
To apply, please refer to the Application Packet for detailed instructions and submit all required documents including an Okanogan County Employment Application,
Physical Fitness Ability Testing Waiver and Release form, the supplemental questionnaire, and a signed job description to Okanogan County Juvenile Department, P.O. Box 432, Okanogan, WA 98840 to the attention of Robert Bidlen. Position is open until filled. EOE
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled