Accounting Clerk III Treasurer's Office
Description : Accounting Clerk III
Click on job link above for complete description & job requirements
Starting salary is $17.45-$19.24DOE
Job Objective/Summary: Under general direction of the Okanogan County Treasurer, the Accounting Clerk positions provide a wide range of accounting/bookkeeping and customer service to assist the County Treasurer’s Office in providing taxpayer and related services.
Scope of Responsibility: Performs a variety of skilled clerical and accounting duties as required by the Treasurer’s Office. Requires a wide range of clerical, accounting and customer service skills to perform independently in accordance with established policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable state laws.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no assigned supervisory responsibility.
Essential Functions/Typical Duties:
- Independently processes, tax payments, Irrigation and Communications District and the real estate excise tax affidavits at the counter and on the phone for proper collection, documentation, and compliance with State Washington Administrative codes and Revised Codes of Washington laws.
- Maintains Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavits into an archive file. Sends new tax statements to the new owners on a conveyance of property and also processes e-recordings.
- Verifies invoices, correctly assigns codes to proper expense account, and enters all invoices received by the Treasurer’s Office into the County’s Accounting software accounting system (vouchering). Balances and prepares corresponding reports to submit vouchers to the County Auditor. Maintains office supply orders and distributes inventory as required.
- Performs a variety of other independent and cooperative functions in the day-to-day activities/operations of the Treasurer’s Office. This may include any of the duties and functions of the Accounting Clerks within the Treasurer’s Office.
- Balancing Posting Machine for mailings.
- Maintaining Accurate Tax Mailing Information for addresses.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and seminars as required.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- One (1) year customer service experience.
- Proficient ten key skills and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet and database applications).
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skill and ability required to perform the duties.
- College level or technical coursework in accounting/bookkeeping procedures and practices.
To apply/ submit an Okanogan County Employment Application, resume and cover letter expressing your interest to: Okanogan County Treasurer's Office, 1493rd Avenue North, Room 201, Okanogan, WA 98840 or by mail to P.O. Box 111,Okanogan, WA 98840.
Interviews may be scheduled as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled. EOE
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled