Solid Waste Operator/Mechanic
Okanogan County Department of Public Works is accepting applications for a full-time Solid Waste Operator/Mechanic at the Okanogan County Central Landfill. Wage for the Operator/Mechanic is $22.52-$24.06 per hour with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, sick and annual leave accruals. Click on highlighted link above for complete job description.
The Solid Waste Operator/Mechanic has the primary function and responsibility to operate both heavy and light equipment at the Central Landfill. Additionally, this employee will perform maintenance and service work on heavy and light equipment.
Required Qualifications Operator/Mechanic
- 18 years of age minimum.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Class A CDL endorsement with Air Brakes
- Current updated health card
- Current First Aid Card with CPR
- Ability to operate doubles with roll-off system
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of light and heavy equipment and single and tandem axle trucks.
To Apply: Submit a completed Okanogan County Application for Employment and a completed Supplemental Questionnaire to Okanogan County Human Resources 123 5th Ave N. Room 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. An employment application and Supplemental Questionnaire may be picked up at the Public Works office or downloaded from this web page. Click on the job title for a full job description. For questions please contact Human Resources 509-422-7169. Interviews may begin upon receipt of application. Open until filled. EOE
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled