Public Works Mechanic Area 8
Okanogan County Department of Public Works Area 8 Roads Division is now accepting application for a Full Time Mechanic. Starting salary $21.16-24.48 per hour DOE with full benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Life and Disability Insurance, paid holidays, sick and annual leave accruals. An apprentice program is available for this position for individuals that do not have a Commercial Drivers License, starting salary for the apprentice program is $20.17 per hour with full benefits.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair functions on gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles and specialized maintenance equipment in the County shop or in the field as necessary. Analyze malfunctions and accomplish repairs.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Direct mechanical experience of 3 years on light and heavy-duty equipment (gasoline and diesel).
- Two (2) years’ experience in welding techniques.
- Experience on computerized analysis equipment.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License with CDL Class A. A satisfactory three (3) year past driving history.
- Maintain a current first aid and C.P.R. certification.
- Mechanics must furnish all hand tools required to perform their job.
Submit a completed Okanogan County Application and supplemental, Cover Letter and Resume to Okanogan County Human Resources 123 5th Ave N. Room 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. Click on the job title for a full job description. For questions please contact Human Resources 509-422-7169. Position is open until filled. Interviews may begin upon receipt of application. EOE
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled