Recycle-Transfer Station/Equipment Operator
RECYCLE/TRANSFER STATION/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Click link above for complete job description.
Scope of Responsibility: Performs a variety of skilled and unskilled technical tasks in support of solid waste disposal and recycling operations. Salary is $20.64 per hour. This is a full-time position with full benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, paid sick and annual leave accruals, 9 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays.
Perform the day-to-day recycle operations including but not restricted to:
- Following all County, State, and Federal regulations in regards to safety and operations.
- Educate and keep informed self, the public, schoolchildren, and co-workers of recycling procedures within the county.
- Giving tours and public speaking.
Transfer Station Operations:
- Serve as scale operator for the public and commercial haulers providing courteous and accurate customer service.
- Entering customer identification, weight and type of waste into computerized computer system. Generate invoices and accept cash payment or charge fees and apply appropriate account.
- Operate equipment (backhoe) to maximize 40-yard bin compaction, to maintain docks bin area clean and free of waste.
- Perform maintenance and service as required on backhoe.
- Perform on-site snow removal (backhoe or snow plow) and minor road repair.
- Maintain and clean sump collection system.
- High school diploma or GED certification or equivalent
- One year of customer service retail or public volunteer experience.
- Ability to work a Tuesday through Saturday shift.
- Experience with computerized accounting system and 10-key calculator.
- Ability to be bonded.
- Ability to operate backhoe and forklift.
- Possession of valid Washington State Driver’s License. A satisfactory three 3-year past driving history.
- CPR/first Aid Certified.
- Pre-employment drug test is required
To Apply: Submit an Okanogan County Employment Application online under Human Resources, Job Opportunities or in person to: Human Resources 123 5th Ave N. Room 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. Position is open until filled. For questions please contact Human Resources 509-422-7169. Interviews may begin when applications are received. EOE
Contact : Vicky Poole HR Analyst
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled