The recording department is closed between noon and 1 p.m. daily.

Official public record of all recorded documents in Okanogan County are maintained by the Auditor's Recording Department. Recorded documents include, but are not limited to, deeds, mortgages, judgments, liens, surveys, plats, mining claims, boundary line adjustments, marriage licenses, etc..

In March 2007, the Recording Department started using the Eagle Recorder Imaging System to index, scan and store the image of documents that are recorded. If you come into the Auditor's Office, this system allows instantaneous viewing of the documents as well as computerized searching capabilities and copying of the documents. Documents from 1993 to present can be accessed with this system.

Documents recorded prior to 1993 have been scanned and are available for copying. Some Okanogan County documents are available on line, we recommend using Chrome when doing a record search. You can complete a search using any of the following links:

Eagle Recorder records search

Digital Archives.

If you want to request a copy of a document, you can email us at The cost will be $1.00 per page, we also have an $8.00 per hour search fee that may apply.


Okanogan County Recording is now accepting some electronic recordings. 

We accept the following documents:

Deed of Trust
Substitution of Trustee
Resign/Appointment of Successor Trustee
Assignment of Deed of Trust
Assignment of Rents
Bargain and Sale Deed
Bill of Sale
Community Property Agreement
Death Certificate
Loan Modification
Personal Representatives Deed
Power of Attorney
Purchasers Assignment
Quit Claim Deed
Release of Mortgage
Sellers Assignment
Statutory Warranty Deed
Trustee's Deed
Warranty Deed

We are working with the following Vendors for E-Recording:



EPN (eRecording Partners Network)

If you have any questions please give us a call at (509)422-7240 or email

Birth and Death Certificates

Birth and death certificates are not handled by the Auditor's Office. Contact the Okanogan County Health District for more information about these certificates. (509) 422-7140
Water Rights Information

For Water Rights Information contact the Department of Ecology.

1250 West Alder Street
Union Gap, WA 98903-0009
1 (800) 468-0261

Water Rights Research: (509) 575-2597
Water Rights Claims Information: (509) 575-2396
Mining Claim Information

For Mining Claim Information, copies of the latest regulations, etc., contact the Bureau of Land Management.

Bureau of Land Management
Oregon State Office
PO Box 2965
Portland, OR 97208-2965
(503) 952-6166