Vital Records (Birth & Death certificates)
Requirements Changed in 2021
For increased security of personal information, only individuals with specific relationships to the person on the record being requested can receive a certified copy. Identity and proof of relationship documentation will be required. Click on the red link below for a list of acceptable proofs of identity:
For more information, visit the state Frequently Asked Questions.
Basic Certificate Information
Birth and Death Certificates can be obtained from the Okanogan County Public Health District (OCPHD) by:
- Postal MAIL: Scroll to the bottom of this webpage, print the application for the certificate type you would like to order, include the required document(s) and correct payment amount with the completed form
- IN-PERSON: You are welcome to complete an application at the OCPHD office, or bring the form with you by printing out the application from the list at the bottom or this webpage
Birth and Death certificate applications presented in-person at the OCPH office will only be accepted Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30AM – 4:00PM
- Certificates are available 24 to 48 hours after receiving the certificate application to research and verify the information of record on file and process the quantity of all requests received each day. If there is a hold placed on a record by the office in Olympia, such as a parentage issue or an error under review, there may be a delay in processing.
- Payment can be made by cash, check, cashier check, or money order. No debit or credit cards!
If you are aware of errors on a birth or death certificate record, CLICK HERE to visit the Washington Department of Health (WA DOH) webpage for detailed steps you need to follow to correct a record.
- The Birth, Death, or Informational Certificate fee is $25.00 each; payable by cash, check, cashier check, or money order. (No debit or credit cards!) Checks or money orders should be made out to: OCPH
- No refunds will be given.
If you have questions after reviewing the certificate application instructions, please call (509)422-7140
We have access to the Center for Health Statistics (Vital Records in Olympia) and can issue certified copies of birth certificates -- often used for passports, school enrollment, tribal enrollment, Social Security benefits, etc. -- for individuals born in Washington State from 1921 to present.
For birth certificates involving an adoption, please go to the Washington state Department of Health: Adoptions information page.
Toward the end of 2014, death certificate information available through the OCPHD began moving toward becoming digitized electronic records.
- Any deaths which occurred in Washington state toward the end of 2014 to present can be requested here in our office at OCPHD.
- For deaths recorded before 2014, you will need to contact the Center for Health Statistics in Olympia and request certified copies from them.
To order records from Washington State Center for Health Statistics, click on this link :
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Birth Certificates2 documents
Death Certificates2 documents
VR: Support Forms & Reference8 documents
- Acceptable Proofs of ELIGIBILITY (English)
- Acceptable Proofs of ELIGIBILITY (Spanish)
- Acceptable Proofs of IDENTITY (English)
- Acceptable Proofs of IDENTITY (Spanish)
- Authorized Representative form (English)
- Authorized Representative form (Spanish)
- Birth or Death Informational Record Copy (English)
- Birth or Death Informational Record Copy (Spanish)