Sheriff's Emergency Communications Division
The Sheriff's Office Emergency Communications Division or Dispatch, is made up of 13 Dispatchers, one Radio Technician and the Chief of Communications. Annually the dispatch team handles approximately 80,000 phone calls and dispatched approximate 30,000 calls for service. Our agency also provides dispatch services for all local law enforcement, fire, EMS agencies as well as other public safety and services partners throughout our region.
To apply, go to the Civil Service page here, and follow the instructions for the job posting.
- 21 Years of Age (there is no maximum age limit)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions or pattern of misdemeanors
- No use of illegal drugs within the past 5 years
- Possess a valid WA State Drivers License
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Pass a Background Investigation and Psychological Exam
Pay & Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays (Holiday pay added if the holiday is worked)
- Current Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
- PERS2 retirement
- Step Increases & Longevity Pay
- Salary Range: $20.79 to $27.81 per hour
- Education and Bilingual Incentive possible
- And more!
- Apply and take a written exam with Public Safety Testing
- Pass an Oral Board Interview (Civil Service Board)
- Interview with the Chief of Communications