The 911 Dispatch Center is location in Okanogan, WA, while radio network equipment is located through out Okanogan County. 911 dispatch centers require a great deal of computer hardware and technology to meet the needs of the public and agencies. Managing the operation, hardware refresh and replacement of hardware is a continual process that ensures critical systems are reliable and functioning properly.
- Emergency Communications Improvement Project - A long term project to improve the emergency communications radio system with more capacity, improved operational efficiency and improved system effectiveness. - In Progress
- Fire Hardening of the Tunk Mountain Communications site. - Started 2020 - In Progress
- Install backup power generator supporting County Central Services (IT) and agencies relying on / connected to radio, telephone and data systems 08/2022. - Completed
- 911 Call Handling Hardware refresh. Improved system redundancy and resiliency reducing opportunities for 911 calls to fail. 03/2022 - Completed
- Mobile Communications & Command Trailer as backup dispatch facility and/or command post supporting major events in the field. Trailer delivered and decals applied December 2023. Communications gear install scheduled for end of January 2024. - In Progress
- Sheriff and Communications Equipment Shelter / Coroner Morgue: current facility is in extremely poor condition and is to be removed for a replacement facility to be constructed and store special vehicles and house morgue operations. In design / permitting phase, completion likely in 2025. - In Progress