Links and Forms

SF 180 - Request for Records

Standard Form 180 (SF-180, the Request Pertaining to Military Records) is a one-page authorization form (plus 2 pages of instructions) of the U.S. Military. The form may be filled out by veterans of the U.S. military or their surviving next-of-kin to view and/or release a person's military record. The SF 180 may also be used to request a one-time replacement of Medals earned in service. The release of information is subject to restrictions imposed by U.S. Department of Defense regulations and the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act of 1974. You can obtain your military records form the National Personnel Records Center or the military if you were discharged recently. You may also find private researchers who will obtain your record for a fee. The National Archives has a list of independent researchers who will undertake a personal search for you.

DD 1172 - DEERS Enrollment form

To apply for the Uniformed Services Identification Card and/or DEERS Enrollment. DEERS stands for Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System

DD1172-2 - DEERS Enrollment

The DD Form 1172-2 shall be used to apply for issuance of a DD Form 2 (Reserve, Retired, and Reserve Retired), a DD Form 1173, a DD Form 1173-1, a DD Form 2764, a DD Form 2765, and a Common Access Card (CAC) for eligible individuals who are not enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). The DD Form 1172-2 shall also be used to enroll eligible individuals in DEERS or to update an eligible individuals DEERS record by submitting the form to a Verifying Official (VO) at any Real-time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) Site. Retention and disposition of the DD Form 1172-2 shall be in accordance with uniformed services' regulatory instructions.

VA Form 5655 - Financial Report

Use to report or update Financial Status for Veterans Health; copayments; copay; VA repayment plan; VA waiver; VA bill; veterans affairs bill

VA Form 3288

Request for VA Records - This form is used to request your records from VA. It encompasses your complete file or just what you describe in the form to be sent.

VA Form 40-0247 - Presidential Memorial Letter

The Presidential Memorial Certificate is an engraved parchment certificate with a calligraphic inscription expressing the nation's grateful recognition of a veteran's service. The veteran's name is inscribed and the certificate bears the signature of the President.

VA Form 10-3542 - VA Travel Reimbursement form

The form may be presented in person or mailed to VA health care facility where care was provided. Addresses of VA health care facilities can be found at: Note: The claim for travel benefits may also be done in person at a VA health care facility. Application for travel reimbursement must be done within 30 days of travel. Exception: application beyond 30 days may occur when claim is a result of change in Beneficiary Travel eligibility. Receipts are required for allowable non-mileage expenses, e.g., bridge, road and tunnel tolls; parking; ferry fares; meals; lodging; and transport by bus, train, taxi or other public transportation. Prior approval is required for meals and lodging. Application will be evaluated to determine eligibility for travel benefits and services received. If eligible, the claim will be processed for payment at currently authorized rate subject to any required deductibles. Payment will be by electronic funds transfer (EFT) unless other arrangements have been made.