New Washington State Resident
The following documentation is required:
- Out of state title. It you have a lien holder who is holding your title you will need documentation verifying the name and address of your lien holder and the current registration. DOL requires a photo or faxed copy of the out of state title.
- Federal Odometer Statement if the vehicle is 9 years old or newer
- Scale weight slip, if weight is not shown on the title, for all titled vehicles and trailers
No emission test is required in Okanogan County.
Names on the Washington State licensing record will reflect what is on the out of state title/registration.
Do Not Wait to Register Your Vehicle. It Can Hurt!
RCW 46.16.010 states in part:
The licensing of a vehicle in another state by a resident of this state, as defined in RCW 46.16.028, evading the payment of any tax or license fee imposed in connection with registration, is a gross misdemeanor punishable as follows:
- For a first offense, up to one year in the county jail and payment of a fine of five hundred twenty-nine dollars plus twice the amount of delinquent taxes and fees, no part of which may be suspended or deferred;
- For a second or subsequent offense, up to one year in the county jail and payment of a fine of five hundred twenty-nine dollars plus four times the amount of delinquent taxes and fees, no part of which may be suspended or deferred;
- For fines levied under (b) of this subsection, an amount equal to the avoided taxes and fees owed will be deposited in the vehicle licensing fraud account created in the state treasury;
- The avoided taxes and fees shall be deposited and distributed in the same manner as if the taxes and fees were properly paid in a timely fashion.