Okanogan County Sheriff's Office Patrol Division
The Sheriff's Office Patrol Division is made up of 28 sworn deputies and responds to about 9,000 calls for service per year. The Patrol Division, focused on law enforcement services, is divided into four squads - each led by a Patrol Sergeant. Our agency also provides service through a Detective section, K9 teams, Special Response Team (SRT), seasonal marine and forest patrols, and directed patrols. The division also augments the efforts of the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Okanogan County Search and Rescue.
Okanogan County is offering a one-time $10,000 signing bonus for lateral/certified and a $5,500 signing bonus for entry level newly hired Patrol Deputies!
Pay & Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays (Holiday pay added if the holiday is worked)
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
- LEOFF II retirement
- Step Increases & Longevity Pay
- Salary Range: $27.63 to $32.06 per hour
- Take Home Vehicle Upon Academy Graduation
- Education and Bi-Lingual Incentives available
- And more!
Entry Level Requirements
- 21 Years of Age (there is no maximum age limit)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions or pattern of misdemeanors
- No use of illegal drugs within the past 5 years
- Possess a valid WA State Drivers License
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Pass a Background Investigation and Psychological Exam
Lateral or Certified Entry Requirements
- Entry Level Requirements, plus
- WA State Peace Officer Certification or Equivalent (and ability to obtain an Equivalency Certificate from CJTC)
- Lateral Entry Requirements
- Currently and continuously employed as a WA State certified peace officer, or equivalent, at a public law enforcement agency for the past 24 months
- Be probation period complete.
Lateral or Certified Entry Incentives
- Time in Service Allowance - New hire presently employed with a public LE agency when hired shall receive annual leave accrual time credit based on years of continuous service. Additionally, time in service credit will be applied to step increase computation for wages.
- Annual Leave Front-load - New hire shall be awarded one week of annual leave upon hire. Regular annual leave begins accruing immediately.
- Sick Leave Front-load - New hire shall be awarded two weeks of sick leave upon hire. Regular sick leave begins accruing immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions or concerns regarding the information on this page, please contact the Okanogan County Human Resources Department at 509.422.7169 and speak to Vicky Poole.
*There is no COVID-19 vaccination requirement to work as a deputy with the Okanogan County Sheriff's Office.
Okanogan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer