Okanogan County Sheriff's Patrol Division
The Sheriff's Office Patrol Division is made up of 28 sworn deputies and responds to about 9,000 calls for service per year. The Patrol Division, focused on law enforcement services, is divided into four squads - each led by a Patrol Sergeant. Our agency also provides service through a Detective section, K9 teams, Special Response Team (SRT), seasonal marine and forest patrols, and directed patrols. The division also augments the efforts of the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Okanogan County Search and Rescue.
Entry Level Requirements
- 21 Years of Age (there is no maximum age limit)
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions or pattern of misdemeanors
- No use of illegal drugs within the past 5 years
- Possess a valid WA State Drivers License
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Pass a Background Investigation and Psychological Exam
Lateral or Academy Trained Requirements
- Entry Level Requirements, plus
- WA State Peace Officer Certification or Equivalent (and ability to obtain an Equivalency Certificate from CJTC)
- Lateral Entry Requirements
- Currently and continuously employed as a WA State certified peace officer at a public law enforcement agency for the past 24 months.
- Be probation period complete.
Pay & Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays (Holiday pay added if the holiday is worked)
- Current Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
- LEOFF II retirement
- Step Increases & Longevity Pay
- Salary Range: $27.63 to $32.06 per hour
- Take Home Vehicle Upon Academy Graduation
- Veteran's Benefits from the GI Bill during training
- And more!